Spotlight on: ThingLink: The Interactive Image Maker
What is more, ThingLink allows you to track your level of audience engagement with their HoverClick statistics tool. These numbers allow you to measure the effectiveness of your image and to glean what kind of content works and what doesn’t. The best part is ThingLink’s base service is free! Alongside of the base service, they also offer you the option of upgrading to ThingLink Pro, which gives you more cool features, such as improved statistics and the ability to turn your ThingLink images into Facebook tabs.
ThingLink first launched in 2008 and is led by CEO Ulla Engeström and CTO Janne Jalkanen. For some fun examples of how journalists and media professionals are using ThingLink, please visit the ThingLink gallery.
Published: June 21, 2012
- Emergency Journalism Toolkit
- DocumentCloud: Analyse, Annotate, Publish.
- Spokeo the People Search Engine
- Pixlr Photo Editing Services
- Storyplanet - Beta: Power to the Story
- Help a Reporter Out (HARO)
- Scoopinion: Bringing You High Quality Journalism One Article at a Time
- NewsDiffs: Tracking Online News Over Time
- (View full archive)