Started in 1997 by Reuters Foundation, AlertNet updates the public about humanitarian crises around the globe. The idea for AlertNet was formed during the 1994 crisis in Rwanda when Reuters was alerted to the lack of communication between relief charities.
Bloomberg L.P. is currently the largest financial news and data company in the world, controlling 33% of market share. It provides real-time and archived financial and market data, pricing, trading, news and communications tools.
Italian news portal, also available in English and Arabic, which covers media news about the Arab world.
AP is an American news agency and nonprofit cooperative owned by its contributing newspapers, radio and TV stations in the United States.
Reuters is a financial market data provider and a news service that provides reports from around the world to newspapers and broadcasters. Today, almost every major news outlet in the world subscribes to Reuters.
AFP is an international news agency providing online video, text and image services.
Journalism.net's list of news agencies.
- Emergency Journalism Toolkit
- DocumentCloud: Analyse, Annotate, Publish.
- Spokeo the People Search Engine
- Pixlr Photo Editing Services
- Storyplanet - Beta: Power to the Story
- Help a Reporter Out (HARO)
- Scoopinion: Bringing You High Quality Journalism One Article at a Time
- NewsDiffs: Tracking Online News Over Time
- (View full archive)