Media News - Friday, July 20, 2012
News reporter Rhodri Phillips of the ‘Sun’ newspaper was arrested on Thursday by police from Scotland Yard's Operation Tuleta, which is investigating breaches of privacy including computer hacking. News International chief executive Tom Mockridge confirmed in an email to staff that he was "afraid that another of our journalists from the Sun has been arrested this morning". The man is the seventh person to be held under Operation Tuleta. (The Guardian)
Join our Media News mailinglist with over 12.000 subscribers.
The Media News archive contains over 15.000 items so it is advised to narrow your search.
- WikiLeaks announces partnership with Brazilian investigative journalism center
- Acclaimed photo was faked
- Euronews launches Arabic feed
- Iran: Leading women’s magazine forced to close
- US: Nonprofit website plans watchdog journalism for Orange County
- New website reaches out to EU Neighbourhood Journalists
- Internet censorship plagues journalists at Olympics
- Sweden: Tax on press advertising to be abolished
- MySpace opens doors to developers MySpace webpage
- Startup lets public test conversational Web search