Media News - Monday, September 24, 2012
Thanks to the ongoing research of Marv Carlson of ABYZNewslinks, some so-far unknown free dailies were discovered in Latin America. Near the Brazilian metropol Rio, free afternoon papers Ter Noticias andO Terminal are published since 2010 in Niteroi, Sao Goncalo, Macae and Petropolis (O Terminal) and Juiz de Fora (Ter Noticias). In Guarulhos (Sao Paulo) daily Guarulhos Hoje is published for free since 2010, it was launched in 2008 as a paid paper. Two papers from Ecuador were discovered. Diario Estacion was published from (at least) October 2010 to February 2011 in the capital Lima. A now defunct Twitter account still exists while there is also a YouTube movie on a sampling action of the paper. El Gratuito, also published in Lima, started just after Diario Estacion stopped and using a similar color design, suggesting it succeeded Diario Estacion. The website is not available anymore, the Twitter account stopped in April 2011. In Spain, Carlson discovered El Acueducto, a free paper published since April this year in Segovia (Castile and Leon). The paper is named after the famous aquaduct in the city. (Newspaper Innovation)
Join our Media News mailinglist with over 12.000 subscribers.
The Media News archive contains over 15.000 items so it is advised to narrow your search.
- WikiLeaks announces partnership with Brazilian investigative journalism center
- Acclaimed photo was faked
- Euronews launches Arabic feed
- Iran: Leading women’s magazine forced to close
- US: Nonprofit website plans watchdog journalism for Orange County
- New website reaches out to EU Neighbourhood Journalists
- Internet censorship plagues journalists at Olympics
- Sweden: Tax on press advertising to be abolished
- MySpace opens doors to developers MySpace webpage
- Startup lets public test conversational Web search