Media News - Tuesday, October 23, 2012
It's been more than a year since Google introduced expandable results into Google News, clustering related articles under a single headline and letting users expand the link to see more. On Monday Google said it will roll out expandable results, along with a handful of other user interface improvements, into its search results over the next few days. Among the changes: Searches will now reveal a multimedia bar showing related photos and videos. The changes will be evident to anyone searching within Google itself or within the Google News site. Google is also updating the layout slightly to put the article image on the left and the source information underneath the article links. (CNET News)
Join our Media News mailinglist with over 12.000 subscribers.
The Media News archive contains over 15.000 items so it is advised to narrow your search.
- WikiLeaks announces partnership with Brazilian investigative journalism center
- Acclaimed photo was faked
- Euronews launches Arabic feed
- Iran: Leading women’s magazine forced to close
- US: Nonprofit website plans watchdog journalism for Orange County
- New website reaches out to EU Neighbourhood Journalists
- Internet censorship plagues journalists at Olympics
- Sweden: Tax on press advertising to be abolished
- MySpace opens doors to developers MySpace webpage
- Startup lets public test conversational Web search