Media News - Wednesday, July 25, 2012
A talk show “Dialogue with the others”, shown daily on the Egyptian Al-Nahar satellite TV during the Ramadan, is thought to be crossing the ethics line. In the show, a celebrity guest is brought in for a TV interview seemingly conducted by a German TV channel, which discusses daily news issues that have been making waves in Egypt. During each show, the host asks the guest random questions, then slowly the questions turn to issues related to Israel – the peace agreement, normalization etc. The guest is being provoked to say something controversial on the topic and as soon as it happens, he is told that he is not on a German show, but he is in fact on an Israeli show. Then the colours of the Israeli flag appear behind him. The guest then starts to panic and after a moment he is told that he was the victim of a prank and everybody claps. The show often includes violent fights between the guests and the production team and controversial or even unethical statements about Israel issues. (Ynetnews.com)
Join our Media News mailinglist with over 12.000 subscribers.
The Media News archive contains over 15.000 items so it is advised to narrow your search.
- WikiLeaks announces partnership with Brazilian investigative journalism center
- Acclaimed photo was faked
- Euronews launches Arabic feed
- Iran: Leading women’s magazine forced to close
- US: Nonprofit website plans watchdog journalism for Orange County
- New website reaches out to EU Neighbourhood Journalists
- Internet censorship plagues journalists at Olympics
- Sweden: Tax on press advertising to be abolished
- MySpace opens doors to developers MySpace webpage
- Startup lets public test conversational Web search