Media News - Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Heute-publisher Eva Dichand tried to silence Austrian website Dossier when they anounced a investigation into the advertising revenue of the free daily. Dossier was intimidated and published three stories on Heute. They also showed some visualisations of the advertising revenues. The city of Vienna is one of the largest sponsors of the paper. In total Heute receives around 30 percent of its income from public sources. Der Standard used the data for visualisations of their own. (Newspaper Innovation)
Join our Media News mailinglist with over 12.000 subscribers.
The Media News archive contains over 15.000 items so it is advised to narrow your search.
- WikiLeaks announces partnership with Brazilian investigative journalism center
- Acclaimed photo was faked
- Euronews launches Arabic feed
- Iran: Leading women’s magazine forced to close
- US: Nonprofit website plans watchdog journalism for Orange County
- New website reaches out to EU Neighbourhood Journalists
- Internet censorship plagues journalists at Olympics
- Sweden: Tax on press advertising to be abolished
- MySpace opens doors to developers MySpace webpage
- Startup lets public test conversational Web search