About EJC - Press Releases
Maastricht - August 2, 2012
The European Journalism Centre (EJC) has launched the forth edition of CLICK ABOUT IT, the worldwide photography competition, on the theme “Crises & Disasters”.
In partnership with the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, and the Konrad Adenauer Asian Center for Journalism at the Ateneo de Manila University, the competition seeks best professional and amateur photography that capture the following topics:
- Natural disaster: floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, droughts and other life-threatening natural disasters.
- Political uprising: Arab spring, occupy movements and other demonstrations protesting for change.
- Conflict: wars, conflicts and clashes at international, regional and local level.
- Financial crisis: signs of financial crisis and how the life of local communities is being affected.
- Development crisis: crises that are related to health, food, water, sanitation and education.
- Urban life: population growth, fast urban development and negative effects on environment.
- Climate change: signs of climate change in your backyard.
In total, seven prizes will be given to the winning professional and amateur photographers. Two overall winners will be awarded with a theme-related reporting trip, and five runners-up will receive 200 US dollars Amazon coupon.
The competition is open for submissions until 29 October 2012. The international jury will select the best photographers during the period of 30 October to 22 November 2012. The winners will be announced on 23 November 2012.
Please visit the website in order to sign up for this competition.
Posted on August 2, 2012 by EJC
Filed under news.